The first time I visited Roatan, I planned the trip as a surprise for my family (six of us in total). I can still remember the delicate little dance I had to do juggling family member schedules, the availability of direct flights to Roatan (that didn't cost an arm and a leg), and the availability of the kind of lodging we wanted to stay in. It was complicated.
But after doing the dance many times, we kind of figured out the steps, so I decided to write them down. As I was doing that, I realized that some of the blog posts I have written over the past year correspond to these steps, so where possible, I linked posts to steps in the process in case you want to read more.
10 Step Checklist For a Great Roatan Vacation
- Figure out how many beds you might need: It’s important to know the number of people and how many beds they are going to take up.
- Narrow down your vacation timeframe: Have a good idea of not only when you can visit but also how flexible you can be. Read more about Roatan Weather here.
- Check out flight options: Use your rough dates to understand travel choices. Direct flights to RTB vary throughout the year. Read more about Roatan Flights here.
- Decide what part of the island you want to stay in: Roatan offers some very different location choices for your stay. Read more about Roatan Vacation Locations here.
- Identify the lodging options in that part of the island: There are many lodging options but not all exist at every location. Read more about Roatan Lodging Options here.
- Evaluate the lodging options: Beachfront? Water view? With or without kitchen? Private Pool? What matters most to you? Read more about Roatan Resorts here.
- Determine availability of your preferred option: Once you know specifically where you want to stay, see if it’s available.
- Align lodging availability with flight options: Get your flights and accommodation dates lined up as best you can.
- Book ‘em Danno: Hold the flights. Reserve the lodging with a down payment. Go back and book the flights. You’re all set!
- Start all of this 6-12 months before you plan to visit: The earlier you begin, the more options you will have. Read more about Roatan Vacation Timing here.
Well, that's it: the 10 step Roatan vacation planning checklist. You can learn more about all of these steps and get personalized help planning your trip to Roatan by visiting us at www.coralvistaroatan.com.
We look forward to seeing you on the island soon.